I absolutely love beauty products. I often “self care” by browsing in Sephora, Ulta, Target, or your neighborhood Walgreen’s. Something about getting a new product excites and relaxes me all at the same time. A quick 10-minute trip through the make-up aisle, and I’m a new woman. While I love makeup, beauty products extend to accessories, masks, hair sprays and serums, and lotions and let’s be honest…I bask in the beauty department in all of her glory. So, I’ve narrowed it down to 15 products I LOVE that I think everyone could either use or gift.
Vanity Planet ‘Pose’ mirror
- If you had to choose just one and you were willing to splurge a little (currently $89.99), this is the one I would get. As a girl on the go, this is the perfect thing to pack with me when I travel. I am the weird person who will sit in front of the window at the hotel for good lighting and now, I can get ready anywhere, no matter the lighting. This has been a game changer in every getting ready routine and I imagine it will make a great gift. For those wondering, you can adjust the brightness and it is a chargeable mirror, which is so much easier than battery-charged.
111Skin Rose Gold Brightening Mask
- Oh my MASK!!!! These are insane. I received these in a subscription box and I am hooked. They are a bit pricey ($32 for a single, $160 for a pack of 5), BUT I say confidently that the results are INCREDIBLE. It’s a hydrogel mask with 24K gold and rose extract and my face thanks me for it every. single. time. If you are looking to get over a break up and splurge or needing a facial pick-me-up…grab these.
- I’m probably the millionth person to refer these, but you can get these almost anywhere now. I have received them as gifts and purchased them at almost any store or Amazon from $10-$15. I always give them as gifts with a gift card or candle or face mask. The way my face actually absorbs my moisturizers with it is a total gamechanger. Forever a jade roller babe now. Stick in the fridge or freezer for added benefits- plus it’s amazing at de-puffing those eyes in the morning and it’s the perfect way to say good morning.
Doctor Rogers Restore Healing Balm
- Let me preface that I am a “Lipbalm Girl”. Have been since the early 90’s. I also received this in a subscription box…and I’m obsessed. Have already ordered another one. Why? Because it works. Chapped lips? Check. Burn? Check. Cut? Check. Cracked skin? Check. Will never spend my days wondering down the lipbalm aisle in mid-winter wondering if I’ll ever be able to feel my lips again. It’s $30, so like $10 a month, if you use it regularly.
Vanity Planet ‘Exfora’
- I know, I know. I was influenced. BUT it works so well that friends and family have also gotten their own. If you like to deep clean those pores and boost collagen in your face, then get this NOW! If you like clogged pores and saggy skin…well, it’s not for you. It’s $200 or 4 payments of $50.
Rodan + Fields Redefine Night Serum and Roller
- It’s called ‘Botox in a Bottle’ for a reason. This stuff is pricey and I have used the Redefine regimen for a while, but this stuff is my favorite for two reasons: 1. It feels like velvet on my skin 2. It has Retinol and Peptides, making my skin younger right after I microneedle it. It’s $227 regular prize, or $204 with perks. And homegirl, it comes with 60 capsules, so if you are using on twice a week, it should last you 30 weeks, and I actually use one capsule/week because it contains so much in each one, so mine lasts over a year.
Sol de Janeiro, Brazilian Bum Bum Cream
- This stuff smells heavenly… and it helps tighten and smooth. Need I say more? And…it’s only $20 for a medium size.
Skin & Co. Truffle Therapy Face Toner
- Yall, I have sensitive skin. And toners typically burn the ever living daylights out of my skin and I feel like it still doesn’t get clean, BUT this stuff is incredible. It deep cleans and purifies my face, but it also removes dead skin and bacteria…and that’s exactly what I want cleaning my face. You can get a set of 2 online from Ulta for $45.00- split it with a friend; you won’t regret it. (Or you can get a single for $27)
Rodan + Fields Microdermabrasion
- Calling everyone who wants their own pot of gold. Seriously. I adore this stuff. Anytime I am exfoliating before a spray tan or just needing a scrub for my hands or face, I use this. Won’t ever try anything else. It’s the absolute best and lasts forever. I’m not joking. I swear it’s just a gift that keeps on giving. $83 at cost, or $74 with perks. I like perks.
Tarte Creaseless Concealer OR Shape Tape
- Tarte owns the concealer industry. I’m not joking. If I’m relying on one makeup product to be my wing woman, it’s this girl. She ensures my bags are covered, blemishes are nonexistent and highlights to literal perfection. Only $26, but always check QVC’s website to see if they have two for $33 (total steal).
LaVanila Pure Vanilla Perfume
- “My word, you smell good. Whatever you put on, keep wearing it.” You think I’m joking? I’m not. I literally hear it 3 times a week. And it smells heavenly and bonus, it has no phthalates, no propylene glycol, and no aldyhydes and great for sensitive skin- and I stumbled on it searching on Amazon. You’re welcome! Side note: as a health coach, it’s super important to use products that are natural and free of harmful ingredients that can affect your hormones and cause so many other preventable diseases. It’s also only $48 and you need WAY less of this than a normal perfume.
The Perfect Face Shimmer Pigment ‘Grace’
- This is the best highlighter ever for only $19.50. I use it literally everyday for something. From highlighting your brows, to adding some pop to your lips…this is and will always be my go-to. The owner, Danielle Doyle, is so kind and so innovative. I promise you will continue to find other products of hers that you will make staples. Hint: lip gloss, lip stick, lip liners, and the primer. Yall, you will be hooked.
Fake Bake Flawless Darker & Desert Bronze Tan
- I am naturally fair and very proactive in preventing skin cancer, so I have self-tanned for years. I have tried literally everything. I think I could review every self tanner that’s been on the market and I only LOVE two.
- 1. Fake Bake Flawless Darker is my go-to. It absorbs well, has amazing color, and lasts for about a week. I also love this one because I don’t have to exfoliate like a maniac in order for it to look good. It doesn’t smell great, so you’ll definitely need to shower and probably be self conscious for a day, but if you’re looking to be tan for vacation or something lasting a little longer, for sure use this. It’s only $32
- 2. Desert Bronze is BRONZE!!! It gets you super dark. Unfortunately, you 1000% need to exfoliate every inch and need to watch your sensitive areas like your feet, hands, knees, and elbows- the linger is real and it is super drying…but I bought it to get super tan and I love it for that. If you’re looking to be tan for an event or for the weekend, definitely use this, but bring a good moisturizer. Only $28.99
Unwined by Hask Rose’ Color Shampoo and Conditioner
- This was purchased on a whim and it will be purchased on purpose next time. 1. It’s inexpensive for the quality 2. It lasts a while 3. It smells absolutely incredible, if you like subtle wine scents. I also am a tried and true blonde and love that it’s keeping my color so sharp, in between visits to the salon. Only $8.99 for shampoo
Bonus: Amika Detangling primer
- If you haven’t gathered, I get really attached to things that smell super good, BUT they have to have that somethin’ special to be on this list. This is a bonus, which I have no idea why since I use this every time I have wet hair…and you most definitely should too. It’s hilarious because I was on a girls’ trip and came out of the bathroom and all of my girlfriends were like, “Did you just spray with Amika? It’s the best!” So, you need this in your life, because apparently, it’s in everyone’s staple items. Only $25!
Hope you find something you love!